March of 2017 already ! One thing I wanted to do this year, was make more pieces that would challenge me. I started with a tiny base, and shaped up a piece of clay, in the most basic for of a house.
I first tried various positions for the house and then added some steps and cobble stones. I speckled the clay with bits of dark grey and black paint flecks (scraping a dried paint palette before washing, works!) after tinting it grey.
I decided to add some grey and black microbeads too, to give it some rough texture.
I added a very thin layer of dark greenish - grey clay as the roof, and textured it to make it resemble roof tiles/ shingles. Added a tiny rhinestone for window glass and Brown clay as window frame , and door. I also made a big urn style flower pot, with
The next step, was adding the moss, ivy, hedges long leaves to fill the pot. Mainly used ball tools and silicon tips for texturing.
Then added miniature mushrooms with white clay for stalks, and red for the caps. Added white dots on the cap.
Used some chalk pastels for shading. They are half pastels, and a single pastel is about an Inch long ! So you can have an idea of the size of the miniature.